UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Audi A3: CAR STUTTERING MISSING WHEN UNDER LOAD NEW INJECTORS

Customer Question
CAR STUTTERING MISSING WHEN UNDER...
CAR STUTTERING MISSING WHEN UNDER LOAD NEW INJECTORS FITTED IS THERE A CLEARANCE YOU MUST HAVE ON THE TAPPET SIDE
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: UK Car
5/4/2013
UK Auto Mechanic: Rob, UK Car Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Rob
Rob, UK Car Mechanic

Hi and welcome to just answer.

there is know adjustment on the tappets they are hydraulic.

have you had any diagnostics done on the vehicle ?

any fault codes?

have you checked all turbo pipes vacuum and intercooler?

regards rob

Done all that. No fault codes came up.

do you have access to diagnostics?

regards rob

Car was misfiled with petrol only stutters under load when car heats up you can adjust the injectors by an Allan key on the rocker shaft
do you get an injector knock at idle?
No

do you have access to diagnostics?

for a live data reading.

have you checked and cleaned EGR valve?

Its a new egr valve no handy to diagnostics but there is no fault codes

Hi

most diagnostics have a feature called live data and reading the voltage and signals from sensors can often find where the fault is even without a fault code.

regards rob

All live data looks good after the injectors were fitted the readings were all over the place on injector side

Hi can you get a reading for the ECT sensor (engine coolant temp sensor) at running temp?

regards rob

It's a new sensor fitted

HI

i have ask many questions and have been told all the way that this has been replaced or done and feel that given this information if given would have saved time i am opting out and will repost this question for another tech with patience will help you .

regards rob

UK Auto Mechanic: Josie-Mod,
 replied 4 years ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're okay with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Yes I can wait but need information ASAP.
UK Auto Mechanic: Josie-Mod,
 replied 4 years ago
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
UK Auto Mechanic: Walt-Mod, Moderator replied 4 years ago
Walt-Mod
Walt-Mod, Moderator
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Yes I still need the information.
UK Auto Mechanic: Josie-Mod,
 replied 4 years ago
Thank you for your reply. Your question is marked high priority and is open to all professionals. We will be in touch with you shortly.
UK Auto Mechanic: Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer replied 4 years ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer

Hi there, Here is the procedure to adjust the injectors: The correct method is to use a dial indicator mounted onto the rocker, then rotate the engine until the full depth of the stroke is reached. Screw in the adjuster screw until it bottoms out. Then back it out 180 degrees. Tighten the ball screw lock nut to 24 ft lbs. VW did standardize the setting for all PD motors for a 180 degree setting. The problem is, there is no decent place to attach a dial indicator's bolt-on or magnetic mount. The following pictures show how to do the operation with no dial indicator. This is the position of the cam with the #4 injector rocker fully depressed, side and top view:

Please let me know if this what you were looking for. Cheers.

Marty
Marty
Marty, European Car Expert