UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Hi All .My 2.0HDi citreon Relay 52 plate wont start...air intake..rev

Customer Question
Hi All . My 2.0HDi citreon...
Hi All .
My 2.0HDi citreon Relay 52 plate won't start. The van will only start if i spray easi start into the air intake tube. Once the van has started i have to keep my foot on the gas above 10,000 rev or the engine will stop and i have to do the whole process again. I have changed glow plugs, glow plug relay, and i have check for fuel coming from the pump inside the tank and all seems to be ok.I don't have the means to take it to a mechanic to test fuel preasure. I have been told that i need to change the high preasure pump. is this correct. the last thing i wanna do is buy a new pump and still the same problem. thanks
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: UK Car
3/5/2012
UK Auto Mechanic: dl250567, UK Car Mechanic replied 5 years ago
dl250567
dl250567, UK Car Mechanic

dl250567 :

Hello

dl250567 :

You do need to get the fuel pressure tested on the high pressure side.

dl250567 :

This can only be done electronically as the pressures can be so high and dangerous if you test the wrong way.

dl250567 :

It is surely better to spend a little money to confirm the fault than take an expensive guess.

Hi.

The problem is getting the van to a gararge. The van is presently sorn off the road, no insurance and MOT. Its only when i have the van working as normal will it be worth taxing, getting insurance. finding a mobile mechanic is not very easy.

If i knew what the problem is for sure, i'll can get it sorted out.

I understand that but the only way to know for sure is to have proper diagnostics done in the first place.

That way you will spend less money on guesswork.

Dave

Hello.
MY CITREON RELAY 2.0HDI VAN 2002 STILL WONT START.
the engine light is on and stays on. it will not rev pass 2500. it feels like a lack of power

I'm guessing this is what you call limp mode? why has it one into limp mode?.
if i go into third gear it will cut out. and i have to spray easy start in the air intake to get it started again.
I had the AA man come out and he done the exact same thing, use easy start. he plug his computer in and came up with no faults. he cleared the engine light, but it came back on as soon as he left.This is getting me so frustrated. I'm thinking of just selling and cut my lost. can someone tell me what the hell is wrong with this van?

Did you get this resolved ok?

Thanks.

dl250567
dl250567
dl250567, UK Car Mechanic