UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Citroen relay van relay 2.2 turbo d 56 plate ( old shape ).

relay 2.2 turbo d 56...
relay 2.2 turbo d 56 plate ( old shape ). engine managment light on, speedo not working and seems to lack usual power. fuse F11 ( 15amp ) blown. Any ideas.did change fuse but only had 10amp. fuse blew after engine turned on.
1/8/2011
Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

First - do you know what the fuse was for - what it covers.... ( as there is more than one fuse box on these ...) ?

Rgds MIKE........................................
From mark to mike

Found handbook today.
Fuse F11 was in the fuse box under bonnet,in owners handbook F11 is for ECU. All other fuses in that box have been tested and are ok. F11 in book stated as 10AMP not 15amp that was fitted. have had this van from new. Today speedo flickers occasionally,

cheers
Hello Mark - thank you for your reply..

Its not unusual for the fuse ratings - and even position (!) to be different in the book - Vw / Audi s are terrible for it ! So I wouldn't worry too much about that aspect at the moment - a 15 amp will be fine. If the 10 is blowing - fit a 15.. If that blows then you have either a fault in the Ecu itself -or the wiring loom to it... and that is common..

You need to check the wiring loom extremely carefully - turning / twisting it over to check for any rubbing / chaffing damage - especially where the loom runs close to the engine / body / framework etc....

Any such chaffing damage will cause the fuse to blow and the engine not to start...so you need to check the looms thoroughly - inc the one to / from the fuse boxes.

If you find the fault as above there is every chance that repairing the wiring will cure it -

If not - then the fault is most likely the Ecu itself... Check the connections to it first - and then the next step would be to have a diagnostic test run on the van using proper plug in diagnostic equipment which should highlight the exact area of fault.

Then - if its looking like the ecu - the best - cheapest way forward is to send the ecu away for test / repair to a company that specialises in that - you can find many with a google search - find one to suit you .

New ecu's for these are incredibly expensive so a repair is always best...

Doing as I have outlined above is the best - cost effective way to work through this and get the van operational again..

Obviously I cant see or test it - I am going off what you have described to me .. and that is my conclusion based on your description of the faults -

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

Mike, UK Car Mechanic
from mark to mike

Thanks for that, will check this at weekend when more time and light available. pleased with your response etc.

cheers
No problem at all..

Im very pleased to have been able to help...

I hope all goes well for you ... All the best with it..

Best Rgds - MIKE..
Mike, UK Car Mechanic