UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

How to program a saab 9-3 key fob 2005 brand new key in seal

Customer Question
how to program a saab 9-3 key fob 2005 brand new key in seal
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: UK Car
10/2/2010
UK Auto Mechanic: Mike, UK Car Mechanic replied 7 years ago
Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

To re synchronise the key to the cars' system - you simply need to put the "key" in the slot - and leave it there for 10 secs...and that is it done.

If its not working for some reason - ( immobilser for eg. ) and needs re programming , Im afraid that procedure can only be done using suitable diagnostic equipment on these models.

I Sincerely ***** ***** have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

no help at all?? does not work??
Hello again - Thank you for your ..reply.

I am here to help you all I can - but sometimes the results of what you are trying to do are not what you expect - or hope for.

This can be for different reasons - In your particular case - you have not been very descriptive in your reply - but I assume you have a key that refuses to operate as it should - still even after following the procedure I gave you.

This doesn't mean the information I gave you is incorrect - It is not - It is correct.

If you cannot get your key to re synchronise doing what I explained to you ( which is the SAAB official procedure ) - then, rather than there being a problem with the information I have given you - it is a problem with either the key you are using , ie, faulty - defective - or, its a fault on the car system side of things.

As mentioned before - keys ( additional or otherwise ) cannot be programmed - or , re programmed to the car without the use of diagnostic equipment...

Synchronizing - or re synchronizing can be done - in the way I outlined to you ... but if that is what you are attempting - and it refuses to "work"... then you have a "fault" somewhere - as explained above.

The next move then is to have the car plugged into suitable diagnostic equipment to find out exactly why - and then go from there.

I hope that explains / clarifies the situation for you ..

Kind Rgds, MIKE..

Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Dear Customer...

You have replied to me as above - with "inaccurate answer".

The answer is not Inaccurate - it is as I explained to you - the official SAAB method for UK vehilces.

Perhaps you would like to explain to me why you, the customer, can explain to me , why you feel the information I have given you is incorrect.... bearing in mind what I have said to above..??

Kind Rgds, MIKE.........................................
we asked for a solution to programing a key fob to car new key fob brand new in seal and the information we got did not work so why should i pay for for something that does not work??.
Hello again - This is MIKE who answered you and provided the information previously...

Thank you for your reply as above.

Your original question asked - and I quote - "how to program a saab 9-3 key fob 2005."

You have , since my previous reply to you at 1.13pm, added - to your original question ..."brand new key in seal".

....and now - you have said at 5.43 pm - that you stated that in your original question...and therefore do not see why you should have to pay for my information.

Please dont take me for a fool. I answered the question you originally asked...correctly - and now you have added as above in a bid to , as you said earlier, make my information out to be incorrect -etc.

In any event - I told you how a key was to be re / synchronized... and I also told you - even while not knowing the fact that you had a new - in bag , key, and I quote - "....( additional or otherwise ) cannot be programmed - or , re programmed to the car without the use of diagnostic equipment...

So regardless of how you edit your post or complain that the info was somehow incorrect - you know, that 1, you didn't tell me it was a new key and 2, that doesn't matter anyway - because I had already told you - the above re new / additional keys.

If you dont want to pay and play fair, thats up to you. We work on trust here at justanswer and in the main , that works well... both now - and in the future.

Kind Rgds to Sir..

MIKE..
Relist: instructions did not work on brand new out the setaled bag key fob. so dont think its right to pay for goods that dont work. customers rights??.
instructions did not work on brand new out the setaled bag key fob. so dont think its right to pay for goods that dont work. customers rights??
Dear Customer...

Maybe you have been misunderstanding all along..

So - lets take it you now tell me you have a NEW key - bought in a sealed bag.

To program a NEW key to your vehicle - you cannot do this manually - there is no way to do it.

The only way to program your NEW key to you your car.. is to have this done either at a SAAB dealer - using their diagnostic equipment - or, similar equipment that you might find another garage has or maybe a mobile auto locksmith ...

But the bot***** *****ne is - You have to have the NEW key programmed to your car - with the use of suitable diagnostic equipment.

I hope that clarifies he situation for you . Any SAAB dealer or similar will confirm the above for you.

Kind Rgds, MIKE..

do not think i should pay for a service that did not wory
I do believe that is your problem - You do not wish to pay for the answer I have given you - even though the answer is correct.

It may not be the answer you wanted - or expected - but that is the answer nevertheless..

Justanswer is what it is - you ask a question... we provide the answer ( the correct answer even if its not the one you want or expected as above - I cant help it if you don't like the answer - I can only provide the correct answer... )

It is now down to you to pay for that advice...

If you don't want to ...thats up to you . But you will find you will not receive help from other experts if you are not willing to fulfill your side of the bargain and pay for the correct advice that is given - now or in the future. So its up to you ...if thats the type of person you are .

Kind Rgds to you Sir... MIKE.
Mike, UK Car Mechanic