vauxdoc
vauxdoc, vauxhall master tech
Experience:  over 25 years from viva to vectra
10908802

SAAB: SPORT..The AA ADVISED ME THAT AN INJECTOR IS LEAKING ON CYLINDER

Customer Question

I OWN A SAAB 9.3 VECTOR SPORT 1.9TDI, i BROKE DOWN LAST WEEK ON THE M1. The AA ADVISED ME THAT AN INJECTOR IS LEAKING ON CYLINDER 3. i HAVE JUST MANAGED TOGET THE CAR HOME TODAY AND LOOKED AT THE ENGINE AND THERE IS OIL WHICH HAS LEAKED FROM THE CYLIDER INHECTOR. THE CAR HAS DONE 115K MILES. CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS IS AN EXPENSIVE JOB AND WHAT IS INVLOVED.

MANY THANKS
Category: UK Car
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 8 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer, the job of changing it is fairly straight forward, most garages would be able to do it in around 1 hour, however it really needs to be programmed in and only a dealer or a Bosch diesel centre will have the software for this.

This programming is necessary if using a new injector but a second hand one from Ebay wont need this as it will be worn past programming tolerances.

Parts will cost £400+ from Saab but Ebay are around £100 .

I hope this helps, best regards, vauxdoc.