UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The folding back seat on my Rover75 is jammed. How can I get…

Customer Question
The folding back seat on...
The folding back seat on my Rover75 is jammed. How can I get at the release mechanism so that I can effect a repair.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 2 days by:
7/1/2010
UK Auto Mechanic: al-mod,
 replied 8 years ago
al-mod

Hi, I'm a Moderator here at Just Answer and will try to help you get an answer as you have been waiting for awhile. The response rate on Just Answer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions do go un-answered. Some of the common reasons found on some questions are:

1. The question is unclear.

2. The question price you selected is low for the complexity of the question.

3. The question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online.

4. And sometimes, there just may not be an Expert available who feels they have the proper experience to reply.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you.

Rover 75 saloon

The problem is, when the release mechanism is depressed only one side of the rear seat back is released, even though both buttons are down. As I cannot pull the seat back down I cannot release the seat back from it's hinge to correct the problem.