UK Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified uk auto mechanic who will answer your question

Engineering Pro
Engineering Pro
Engineering Pro, Automotive Engineer.

More related answers
All uk auto mechanics are VERIFIED
C180: Stan, I have a MB C180 1998. Suddenly there is no
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Technician
Hi Stan, I have a MB C180 1998. Suddenly there is no charging at all in the battery. Central lock does not work without battery so I opened with the key. Problem is battery in the trunk. The lock to t… read more
Freelander 2: Hi Martin, My landrover freelander 2 was driving
martin jones
martin jones, UK Car Mechanic
Hi Martin, My landrover freelander 2 was driving fine yesterday and when my wife tried to drive it today it would not start. A neighbour tried to jump start it but was unsuccessful. The car has lost a… read more
XKR 4L: Hi, I have my VIN number, can you give me the radio
Richard, UK Car Mechanic
Hi, I have my VIN number, SAJJGAEF3AR042247 can you give me the radio unlock code for my 1999 XKR? Thanks Also key fobs dont seem to reprogramme can you advise me with this also, and lastly the cruise… read more
grand cherokee: how can i disable the immobiliser on my 98
Ross
Ross, Automotive Technician/Conaultant
how can i disable the immobiliser on my 98 grand cherokee i had to pay 75 pounds last night for lift and transport veicle from fuel station to home a grand total of 6 miles after paying for fuel went … read more
Rover..ticking..the second time the fob wouldnt unlock the door
Mike, Proprieter / Diagnostic Technician
Im having problems with my rover 214si. i havent passed my test so the car is not being used. i have called the AA twice, first time i had flooded the battery when ticking it over & the second time th… read more
c180..I drove home yesterday and parked up without incident.
MB Paul
MB Paul, Workshop Foreman/Diagnostic Technician
I have a c180 1998. I drove home yesterday and parked up without incident. This morning, the key would not turn in the ignition. The doors will neither lock nor unlock, nor will the boot, and the gear… read more
secondhand gearbox fitted to my 1998 c180..no start or central locking
I have had a secondhand gearbox fitted to my 1998 c180 now i have no start or central locking through my key fob have replaced batteries in fob but no luck AA checked all power to engine and bettery f… read more
Renault: V..reg..central locking..the fobs as per the owners manual
wefwef
wefwef, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I bought a renault Kango V reg last week. it was running perfect untill i changed the batteries in the key fobs as they did not opperate the central locking. I have reset the fobs as per the owners ma… read more
The key fob but now it wont lock and unlock the car i..manually..cuts
Robert
Robert, Mechanic/Roadside assist/Garage Owner
i have an 04 vectra i changed the batteries in the key fob but now it wont lock and unlock the car i have to do this manually then the alarm goes of once the key goes into the ignition it cuts out but… read more
Renault: my fob wont open central locking..car alarm
wefwef
i have a 6 year old renault clio and my fob wont open central locking and wen i start the car the car alarm starts going,i put a new battery in fob about 2 weeks ago… read more
Mercedes: I need repalcement key fobs remotes...Had..wiper arm
Stan
Stan, Technical support engineer
I need repalcement key fobs remotes for mercedes A class. Had to have multiplugs at siren ( next to o/s wiper arm and black box above boonet release (small box . What must I do. work done by AA last n… read more
Mercedes: Central locking working..drivers door..batteries..alarm
Stan
Stan, Technical support engineer
Hi , I have a Mercedes C180 3 years old. Central locking working , but only when fob is held at the drivers door and activated. Got replacement batteries in fob but this did not improve the range from… read more
merc c180 2001,batteries went in key fob,have been replaced..unlock
Ian
Ian, Technical Support
merc c180 2001,batteries went in key fob,have been replaced and now key will not turn in ignition or lock and unlock car, can u help… read more
reg..Key Fob..central locking..key wont manually open the car..cars
Trevor
Trevor, UK Car Mechanic
Hi I have a T Reg (98) 206 which is normally opened with a Key Fob, the little red light is coming on the fob but nothing happens in the car so the central locking isn't working somehow. The key won't… read more
i have a peugeot 307 52 plate, the battery went flat today
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
i have a peugeot 307 52 plate, the battery went flat today after going to the shops in the morning with no problems. Have fitted new battery, the engine turns over but does not start, on the dashboard… read more
peugeot: 51 plate..key fob started flashing so I got a new battery
Michael Partington
Michael Partington, Auto Electrician
Hi, I have a 51 plate peugeut 106. The key fob started flashing so I got a new battery in it. Now it won't do anything. The alarm keeps going off. I climbed in the boot and actually started the car up… read more
dashboard..my battery with jump leads..get a new battery
Martin, Owner
my car is currently off the road, it startd with the central locking on the key not responding, and having to open manually, so i changed the batteries in my key, this did not make a difference. then … read more
I have a vectra 1998..key fob..work fine..central locking..lock/unlock
vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
hi I have a vectra 1998, im having problems with my key fob, the keys work fine starting the car, but the central locking does not work when pressing to lock/unlock the car, have changed batteries whi… read more