UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hello I have problem whit my car workshop have now had my…

Customer Question
Hello I have problem whit my...
Hello

I have problem whit my car workshop have now had my car in 1 month and havent find the real problem.

The enginge warning lamp is on and the get alarm on too high input from trootel position sensor and j´have chnage complet trottelbody and messuring cables and also change air intake sensor but still same problem.
Wen we drive the car it the engine almost stopp a a few swcund and after that strat too go again.

The say now it most bee GM 905 69 370 (5WK9 001 24 21 521 17 06) steering box for fuel injection but workshop cant find this number in the system the say it shoul bee GM 91 17 394 in this care.

What are you thinking is the problem?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Car
6/28/2010
UK Auto Mechanic: David, UK Car Mechanic replied 8 years ago
David, UK Car Mechanic

Hi do you have the exact code that you get when the light on with the fault code number please?

Dave

The alarm is P0505 and also P0500

Hi P0500 relates to the vehicle speed sensor and P0505 relates to a idle air control fault.

I'm not too sure why they are playing with the throttle body as these ran a separate idle air control valve which was prone to sticking and causing cutting out problems and Vauxhall made a modification to the breather pipe just on the front of the engine and fitted a filter to it. I would recommend cleaning out the idle air control valve and then clear all the faults and road test it and see what happens and what fault codes come back.

I hope this helps and let me know how you get on and if I can help further please feel free to ask

Dave

So you mean that idle air controll valve is not mounted in trottly body wher can i find this valve?

Hi the idle air control valve is usually bolted on the side of the throttle body and may well not of come with the new one. It's a long cylinder shape unit with a multiplug on one end and had a diamond sort of shape flange where it is bolted on by two bolts.

Dave

The change complete trottel body from one other car and test and it was same problem and the other car workt whit my trottel body.

So once the fault codes are cleared and you drive it so you always get both codes come back?

Do the fault codes clear or do they stay in the memory and do you need to drive it before they come back or do they come back as soon as you turn the ignition on or start it up?

Dave

Hello

Yes the cod will disapare and we drive the car the lamp in instrument is of.

Wen the car start too goo bad the lamp will bee on and code come too the memory

The cod disapear wen we cler them and we can start car and hawent any alarm or cod but wen i drive the car and it start too go bad the cod come back.

The workshop have try too buy steering box for engine X18XE from car dismantling and the GM number in my car on steering box is GM 905 69 370 but in spare parts it say is should bee GM 91 17 394 but now of this number exist.

Can you say what number it shold bee in this car?

I don't understand what part you are saying they want to replace when you say steering box? The codes you have refer to the idle air control valve and the vehicle speed sensor which is the sensor saying how fast the car is traveling. I would be looking at these and then clarify what it is they want to replace and why

Dave

The want too change the data box controll unit for fuel injejtion beccuse the say the have change this other sensor and messuring the cable att this is ok.
The workshop say they think ECU is the problem.

If they've checked the sensors and all the wiring to them, then the next stage would be the ECU but from what you've said I'm not too sure I trust their diagnostic results as they keep changing their mind on what the problem is. I would make sure you ask what they intend to do if that doesn't work because once it's fitted to your car they won't be able to send it back and somebody will have to cover the cost of it.

Dave