UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Vauxhall Vectra fitted with a CDC3 CD changer unit.

Customer Question
I have the four digit...
I have a Vauxhall Vectra fitted with a CDC3 CD changer unit. I have the four digit code but it will not accept it I think there has been too many attempts and it is locked out. The radio is fine and accepts its code . Is there any way I can reset it and start again?

Thanks Bob [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Car
6/28/2010
UK Auto Mechanic: Bill_Crosby, UK Car Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Bill_Crosby
Bill_Crosby, UK Car Mechanic

Good afternoon, I hope I can help you.

Did this come factory fitted or have you fitted it as an upgrade.

Bill.

Hi Bill
This came as a standard fitting.
It has a Phillips CCR 600 header unit and a CDC3 changer.
Both have separate codes.
Bob

So what happened to it that it became locked out.

Has it not worked for a while or did the battery go flat etc.

Bill.

I think the previous owner put the wrong code in too many times so it has been in lock out since I got the car.
Bob
The header unit is picking up the CD unit in safe mode the battery has been flat but it has no worked since I got the car.That is really all I can tell you, I know there is a way of resetting the header unit for the radio. You press AS and the power button on the unit with the radio off and this resets the radio to code and you get a further 10 attempts at putting the code in but this does not work on the CD. But there is a to do this with the CD also.
Bob