UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The roof on my 206 CC is stuck shut. The button you use to…

Customer Question
The roof on my 206...
The roof on my 206 CC is stuck shut. The button you use to close it just makes the warning beep. We have checked the screen is closed and the doors are shut but it still will not operate. It is pretty hot here in London at the moment but would that make a difference? Any clues please? Any help much appreciated.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 day by:
6/28/2010
UK Auto Mechanic: Michael Partington, Auto Electrician replied 8 years ago
Michael Partington
Michael Partington, Auto Electrician
Last one we had problems with, it was the drivers side catch. the computer was seeing it still closed, so wouldn`t allow the roof to open (the micro switch had failed), ask a auto electrician to unplug it, and bridge it together, if everything works, then you know that switch is faulty, If it doesn't then repeat with every other switch on the car, Lots of them,

Or ...
Find someone with a Peugeot planet diagnostic machine, they will find the fault within minutes.

Edited by Michael Partington on 6/28/2010 at 5:43 PM EST