UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

caravan: wiring..relay..alternator to the ignition warning light…

Customer Question
i'm wiring a 12s socket...
i'm wiring a 12s socket to my fiat ulysse, one of the pins of the relay for the caravan has to be connected to, 'the thin cable that goes from the alternator to the ignition warning light', where is the best place to get to this cable?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Car
6/24/2010
UK Auto Mechanic: Mike, UK Car Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

Your easiest -and best place to piggy into that wire would be at the back of the alternator itself.... in the wire as it approaches the alternator..

Other than that - its a case of chasing the wiring up through the loom to the earning lamp - there is no advantage in doing that - and it just makes work for yourself..

So locate the wires to the alternator - cut the insulation as needed and clip your wire in there...or, remove the wire connector from the alternator and fasten the wire onto the connector..whichever you find easiest.

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - but let me know if I can help any more..

Best Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.