UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

volvo s80: reg..dashboard no messages though it looks a bit..pedal…

Customer Question
Hi I have a volvo s80...
Hi
I have a volvo s80 (T reg) and an orange triangle has appeared on the dashboard no messages though it looks a bit like a pedal shape any ideas?

thanks
sharon
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Car
6/24/2010
UK Auto Mechanic: Gary Robinson, UK Car Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Gary Robinson
Gary Robinson, UK Car Mechanic

Hi.

This is the Lambda warning light. Lambda is the term that describes the air/fuel mixture and the Lambda sensor which is located in the exhaust front pipe or manifold keeps an eye on this by checking for the amount of oxygen in the exhaust gases.

It could be that the sensor is not functioning correctly, but there could be another reason for the light to illuminate.

Rather than taking a guess and changing the sensor, I would suggest having a diagnostic check carried out in the first instance to determine exactly what the fault is. Any good garage should be able to do this for you, you do not need to go to a main Volvo dealer.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards, Gary.