UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

peugeot: about half an hour regardless of station Im on

Customer Question
peugeot 107 radio crackles constantly...
peugeot 107 radio crackles constantly after about half an hour regardless of station I'm on
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Car
6/23/2010
UK Auto Mechanic: Mike, UK Car Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

The usual problem with this is at the base of the aerial - poor connection of the wire to it and / or poor connection of the aerial base to the roof - where it gets its earth from...

So that needs to be checked out and any such issues rectified..

Too - I have also known bad connections into the rear of teh radio ( aerial ) and too sometimes - earthing the radio itself -(an extra earth ) helps..

You can on occasion have a faulty radio - and it may be.... but check the above first before condemning the unit itself..

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given -as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given.... Thank you...

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.