UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

mondeo 2.0 automatic (98) why is it taking so long to change gear…

Customer Question
i have a mondeo 2.0...
i have a mondeo 2.0 automatic (98) why is it taking so long to change gear
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Car
6/21/2010
UK Auto Mechanic: Mike, UK Car Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

What mileage is on the car ?

When you say under "already tried" - "oil "... what exactly has been done?

Too - what is the condition of the transmission fluid - what colour is it - and does it smell burned at all ?

Rgds- MIKE................................

mileage 93000

topped up oil its reddy brown colour

was thinking of changing it but wasn't sure if that was problem or not

Regards

Jason

Hello again - thank you for your reply..

The fluid seems ok then - you can change it - and clean the filter inside the transmission though - clogging filter can cause this so it would be a good move...and then see how it goes..

If the car / transmission is generally slow on the change down - then it could be an internal issue ...with the valve body etc ... or, if its that it won't change up quickly , then the kick down arrangement can be faulty..

Really - depending on your experience , its best for me to advise you to at least get a repair manual on this to help you - so that you can refer back to it as you go and for settings - adjustments etc...

If you are happy doing the work , then the manual will be invaluable..

If not- then you are best taking it to a local Auto Transmission place - even garages, dealers etc will send them to these people because they are fully au fait with them - have the equipment for testing etc etc... and the job is done a lot quicker and cheaper on the whole...

So those are the best options as above so as to save you time and money on this one.. but by all means ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given -as that's how I get paid for my time ... Thank you...

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.