UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2009 RS6: 2005 A6 2.7TDI avant with halogen headlights..bulbs..lamps…

Customer Question
I have 2005 A6 2.7TDI...
I have 2005 A6 2.7TDI avant with halogen headlights and have bought a set of 2009 RS6 headlights with DRL. How do I wire them up and will my halogen bulbs fit the new lamps?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Car
6/18/2010
UK Auto Mechanic: David, UK Car Mechanic replied 8 years ago
David, UK Car Mechanic

I would think the RS6 would be running Xenon headlights so you will need to check this first because if they are then you won't be able to fit your bulbs in to the headlights. In fact you will be lucky to get them to work at all as the wiring and control units are different on Xenon headlights compared to halogen headlights. The DRL are ecu controlled and you would need to have the wiring modified to fit them and maybe even a different ecu. You can try to wire them up yourself by buying a switch and running your own wires with a relay to control the lights.

I hope this helps but if I can help you further please feel free to ask

Dave

Waiting for new lights to arrive before continuing, seen on Audi forums that it is possible but need pin numbers, wiring diagram and vagcom settings.