UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 chrysler: lx diesel auto..information center dash board..beam…

Customer Question
Hi i have a 2005...
Hi i have a 2005 chrysler lx diesel auto. On the information center dash board there is a light next to the full beam light. The light is a yellow line with 3 yellow wiggly arrows coming of the top. Could you please tell me what this light is for and why it might come on.

Regards Paul
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 day by:
6/19/2010
UK Auto Mechanic: Mike, UK Car Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Given your description, this light is for the catalytic converter on the vehicle..

This can be for overheating of the cat - and emission control warning of problems..

You will need the help of a garage with this as the next step is to have a diagnostic machine connected to the vehilces' OBD -diagnostic socket and this will come with the actual faults....

I would recommend the use of a dealer for this - or at least dealer level equipment which some garages have.. and then you can progress with this...

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given -as that's how I get paid for my time ... Thank you...

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.