Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

2005 chrysler: lx diesel auto..information center dash board..beam

Customer Question

Hi i have a 2005 chrysler lx diesel auto. On the information center dash board there is a light next to the full beam light. The light is a yellow line with 3 yellow wiggly arrows coming of the top. Could you please tell me what this light is for and why it might come on.

Regards Paul
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Given your description, this light is for the catalytic converter on the vehicle..

This can be for overheating of the cat - and emission control warning of problems..

You will need the help of a garage with this as the next step is to have a diagnostic machine connected to the vehilces' OBD -diagnostic socket and this will come with the actual faults....

I would recommend the use of a dealer for this - or at least dealer level equipment which some garages have.. and then you can progress with this...

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given -as that's how I get paid for my time ... Thank you...

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.