UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

VW PASSAT: DRIVING ALONG..TOWED..MECHANICS..INJECTOR A WIRING FAULT…

Customer Question
VW PASSAT 2.0TDI. LAST NIGHT DRIVING...
VW PASSAT 2.0TDI.
LAST NIGHT DRIVING ALONG ENGINE SUDDENLY CUT OUT AND ! SYMBOL CAME ON IN DASH. TOWED IT AROUND TO MECHANICS GARAGE HE CONNECTED TO COMPUTER TODAY WHICH GIVE AN ERROR OF INJECTOR A WIRING FAULT, AND ALSO INJECTOR A SHUT DOWN.
CAN YOU ADVISE WHAT PROBLEM MIGHT BE.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Car
6/17/2010
UK Auto Mechanic: Mike, UK Car Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

There are common / known issues with these models that involve faulty ECT sensors - this will cause poor / non starting...

It shouldn't cause a cut out - but it has been known..and certainly a non start after that ....So,, especially given that this is a known issue on these - I would suggest replacing the ECT sensor and going from there..

The garage will know what it is / where it is...and its not an expensive item..and takes five mins to fit... So its a very cheap way forward on this one and covers that aspect...

Now, if you keep getting injector faults on the computer after that - the you have suspect diesel pump / system problems - and to include possible injector issues - that would need deeper investigation to determine the exact fault...

This being an 07... I dont know if its still in warranty - but if it is - you need to be having VW do this work for you ...so as to avoid voiding the warranty...if still covered..

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given -as that's how I get paid for my time ... Thank you...

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.