UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The fob /fob now lost so now car wont start is there a way..ride…

Customer Question
my key has come away...
my key has come away from the fob /fob now lost so now car wont start is there a way to over ride the imobilizer
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Car
6/12/2010
UK Auto Mechanic: Mike, UK Car Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

Im afraid the short answer here is no. The immobilser on your Mitsubishi is integrated into the engine management computer - Its not just a case of cutting wires and crossing them etc ect as some people would have you believe Im afraid..

The best , cheapest and quickest way forward for you would be to contact a local Mobile Auto locksmith who has the equipment on board to be able to cut you a key using the lock as a template - and then code you the key to the car..

Typical costs are around the 100+£ mark - but please don't quote me on that exactly - its just a ball -park figure and you should ask for quotes before authorizing a call out & work.

That would be quicker , cheaper etc than using a dealer though so I would recommend using yell.com to locate as above in your locale...

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given -as that's how I get paid for my time ... Thank you...

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.