UK Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified uk auto mechanic who will answer your question

Mike, UK Car Mechanic

More related answers
All uk auto mechanics are VERIFIED
We have a 1993 Fuel injection MX5 The car turns over and
Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
We have a 1993 Fuel injection MX5 The car turns over and wants to start but fires and dies. Can you help us, could it be the immobiliser? … read more
I have a c3 1.4 desire battery in fob died,plus managed to
Kevin
Kevin, workshop foreman /master tech/mot tester
I have a c3 1.4 desire battery in fob died,plus managed to break fob:( bought new fob and battery for fob, tried to reset key as couldn't use central locking:( went through the reset process but now e… read more
New key issued for 2010 mini one wont open door when you
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
new key issued for 2010 mini one wont open door when you open key with a blade the alarm goes off when you put fob in the ignition yellow key with a slash comes one … read more
I mobilizer won't reset, 05 Fiesta, Battery had died, put
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Technician
Battery had died, put new on and discovered the mobilizer issue … read more
I have lost the transponder chip from my key fob, Peugeot
Kevin
I have lost the transponder chip from my key fob, Peugeot 206. And now, the car obviously wont start. it turns over, but will not start and an error message comes up on the display saying immobiliser … read more
25: I've changed the battery in my Rover 25 key fob - when
Ross
Ross, Automotive Technician/Conaultant
I've changed the battery in my Rover 25 key fob - when I start the engine now the dashboard lights come on but the engine won't start and there is a "ni-na, ni-na" alarm?… read more
Peugeot 206cc se: Hi Mike my daughters just bought a 206 cc
Mark
Mark, uk auto mechanic
Hi Mike my daughter's just bought a 206 cc last week it's been running great the key fob was damaged so I replaced the shell this morning the car locks and unlocks the engine turns over but the imobil… read more
Freelander 2: Hi Martin, My landrover freelander 2 was driving
martin jones
martin jones, UK Car Mechanic
Hi Martin, My landrover freelander 2 was driving fine yesterday and when my wife tried to drive it today it would not start. A neighbour tried to jump start it but was unsuccessful. The car has lost a… read more
Rover..ticking..the second time the fob wouldnt unlock the door
Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Im having problems with my rover 214si. i havent passed my test so the car is not being used. i have called the AA twice, first time i had flooded the battery when ticking it over & the second time th… read more
2004 Jaguar Vanden Plas: start unless..the remote to unlock the door
Mike, UK Car Mechanic
I have a 2004 Jaguar Vanden Plas and the remote has stopped unlocking the drivers door.. The car will not start unless I get the remote to unlock the door after many trys. The remote does not work at … read more
My car key, then changed all locks and imobilizer but alarm..fuses
yogimechntech
yogimechntech, Mechanical Engineer
i have lost my car key, then changed all locks and imobilizer but alarm still works and i can not swich it off i took of one of fuses alarm has been swiched off but now does not works radio and clocks… read more
Problem with 98 Passat SE20. Immobiliser seems to have come
David, Master Technician
Problem with 98 Passat SE20. Immobiliser seems to have come on. Alarm was triggered the other day, and after that behaved strangely going on and off. When tried to start it yesterday, wont start at al… read more
My Rover 414 (1995 model)..keyless entry..disconnecting..car back
Bob
Bob, Diagnostic Mechanic
My Rover 414 (1995 model) has been off the road (SORN) for 6 months and the battery went flat (no surprise) but when I charged up the battery and tried to start the car the alarm went off and my norma… read more
Peugeot: wont start..key fob..central locking..immobilizer
Bill_Crosby
Bill_Crosby, City & Guilds
my daughter let the battery go completly flat on her peugeot 306 2ltr hdi its a 2ooo wreg i charged the battery and re connected to car since then it turns over but wont start think its somthing to do… read more
Turbo Diesel..a new battery and now the keyless fob does not work
Mike, UK Car Mechanic
1997 E300 Turbo Diesel. Battery was removed for about 3 weeks. Put in a new battery and now the keyless fob does not work ! I cant get any response from the remote at all. The red light on the remote … read more
97 RENO: key fob will not open doors..new batteries put..wont work
Michael Partington
Michael Partington, Auto Electrician
97 RENO MAGANE key fob will not open doors or release imobiliser in my daughters car had new batteries put in at renault dealer this morning but still wont work… read more
rover 75 2lt diesil the ecu had water damage..car wont start
badj
badj, Bachelor's Degree
hi i have a rover 75 2lt diesil the ecu had water damage this has now been fixed but the car wont start the first time you turn it it tries to fire the just turns over… read more
Ford galaxy: petrol..driving- just dies..car wont start..wont come
AAboy
AAboy, Master Technician
I have a ford galaxy (2295cc, petrol year 2001) that has stopped 3times while driving- just dies with no sound, aa changed the battery on side of road. my dad told me to change battery in key and now … read more