UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a r reg megane the dealer i bought it..passengers..seat…

Customer Question
i have a r reg...
i have a r reg megane the dealer i bought it from second hand has been promicing me for 12 mths that he would get me the part for my cd which is under the front passengers seat,but you guessed it no sign still.iv looked on ebay but iv no idea wat im looking for?let alone the name and price off it .please help.secondly my speadomiter has just stoped working ,the garage say its my gear box?as a single woman i feel they are trying 2 bump up the bill ,every so often it works 4 a few miniutes then dosnt again 4 weeks any ideas please thank you
jean
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Car
6/11/2010
UK Auto Mechanic: Mike, UK Car Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Ive done a search for you and have come up with what I think you need - click the link HERE..

That is the cartridge that the cd discs load into - and then the whole thing goes into the changer unit - Im sure thats what you need....

Contact the seller - be sure its what you need.

As for the speedo - the fault is usually whats called the " speed sensor"..

I would honestly take your car to another garage and have them check this for you and then go from there...

Try this site HERE to help you find a local garage that you can trust.

Given your description of the fault - I don't see it being the gearbox at all !

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given -as that's how I get paid for my time ... Thank you...

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.