How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Trevor Your Own Question
Trevor, UK Car Mechanic
Category: UK Car
Satisfied Customers: 1322
Experience:  NVQ 3, Modern Apprenticeship, MOT Tester, 15+ years experience diagnostic technician
Type Your UK Car Question Here...
Trevor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi i have a citroen relay van that wont start,there..mechanics

This answer was rated:

hi i have a citroen relay van that wont start,there is a car symbol with a padolock on the dash display its been in the garage to get repaired for two days and i dont think the mechanics can find the fault any ideas HELP



Welcome to Just Answer


Have any other items on the car stopped working, such as wipers, lights heater etc?

Do you have a spare key?





Customer: replied 7 years ago.
everything has been working fine and both keys were working the garage has both sets



The program is with the immobiliser, which wont show up on the diagnostics as a fault unless you have a peugeot diagnostics system where you can scrutinise it.


The most common cause of immobiliser failures in these is the transponder reciever on the ignition barrel, it takes about 20 minutes to change, and costs about £18 for the part from the main agents, so it is worth a try first off, also check the wiring to this.


If this dosent work, the next thing to do is to try re-programming the immobiliser with a suitable diagnostic computer, if you garage dosent have one, then contact an auto locksmiths or auto electrical specialist ewho will have the equipment.


Hope this helps, if you need more info, please let me know.





Trevor and 3 other UK Car Specialists are ready to help you