Hello again - Thank you for your reply...
Ok- the best thing to do then is to contact that company on the number I gave you in my previous reply....They do the testing on these units too - so you could opt to have the unit removed and sent to them.
They will then contact you and let you know for sure if its faulty - testing is about £35. so is well worth it of there is some indecision - and then you can progress from there knowing exactly which way to go...
Thats the best thing to do - and too - if it does need the Abs unit, that company will supply you , usually a lot cheaper than Peugeot prices...
I doubt re setting would do anything but you can try it.. Its a case of disconnecting the battery etc - the procedure for that is as follows.. The procedure is very specific for these models - so follow it precisely...
Method for unplugging the battery:
- Before unplugging the battery, turn off all gadgets and lights, closing all the doors and unplugging any kind of diagnostic tool. The drivers side window has to be kept open for any kind of requirement.
- Turn off the ignition and take out the key following which unplug the battery after an interval of 3 minutes.
- The BSI needs to be taken to Sleep mode or Active Economy mode, during which nothing in the vehicle should be operating. Even the bonnet should not be opened that time as it can ‘wake up' the BSI if the vehicle has got an alarm installed. For batteries under the bonnet, the bonnet should be opened and left up before allowing the BSI to go to Sleep Mode. During this 3 minute interval, use of any remote control central locking gadgets for other vehicles should be avoided in the vicinity of the concerned vehicle.
Method for connecting the battery:
The following procedure is for reinstalling the battery connection unless told otherwise by Peugeot or Product service. Failure to follow this procedure may result in damage to the BSI's embedded software during reconnection.
- All the doors have to be closed with the ignition key turned off and the key taken out.
- Now without opening the doors, replug the battery and wait for 10 seconds.
- Turn on the headlights, turn on the engine and inspect the system's functioning.
If that works - great.. but if not, then carry on as above..
Please dont forget then the Accept
button - you can always get back to me afterward - just by using the reply button if need be ...
Best Rgds.... MIKE
Edited by Mike on 1/12/2010 at 1:42 AM EST