UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

RENAULT: SCENIC..rear doors..fuse box in car..engine compartment

Customer Question
mY RENAULT GRAND SCENIC FEB...
mY RENAULT GRAND SCENIC FEB 2005 1.9dci HAS PROBLEMS WITH DOOR OPENING.

currently cannot open boot and operate rear windscreenwipers

can only lock car from one of the rear doors - have remote wireless key

cannot find fuse box in car as per handbook and fuses in engine compartment differcult to access and no indication what fuse is what

Pat Lynch
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Car
5/31/2009
UK Auto Mechanic: Mike, UK Car Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

You may have a problem with the wiring here somewhere - usually its a break in the wiring going through to one of the doors from the car...

However- the fuse box you are looking for - there are two ..

One in the engine bay - fuse box one....near the battery - There are several boxes but this one has 22 fuses in it ..

The fuse you want is number 18... should be a 25Amp fuse - and that one is the end one in a row of five ....situated on there own...along the edge of the box.

The other fuse for these is in a fuse box insde the car...passenger side under glove box... Again , there is more than one box... This one is fuse number 12...a 15amp... and it is the box with 18 fuses and two relays in it..

The fuse you want ( no.12 ) is at the far opposite of the row of fuses opposite the relays ... 2nd from the end.....

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time and knowledge ...Thank you...

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

Mike,

Fuse box in car is not where handbook and your email say it is - its in the glovebox on the upperside and not easy to identify fuses.

However, correct fuse is identified as a 20 amp (in the box of two relays and 18 fuses)

and is in a different location to your email

All these fuse seem OK - swop it with another made no difference

Fuses in engine bay even more difficult to gain access so have not tried yet. but feel it not a fuse problem

Local garage also said problem could be a broken wire - so what is the best way of locating it? my final question - is there a relay/device controlling doors openings?

Pat Lynch

Hello again Pat... thank you for your reply...

Sometimes our info on these - as supplied by manufactures , can be a little off..but it should be correct ...I can only apologise if its mis led you some...

Try the fuses in the engine bay though if you can...

You could have a broken wire and the most likely place for that is in the tubing that runs between the car and the door... thats where they usually break so check there...you need to peel the wires back so that you can check them..

Re your last question - there are but they are part of multifunction control units - and you would need to have Renault diagnostic equipment connected to the diagnostic port to access these... They are not cheap to replace, so thats the best way forward on that . Unless your local garage has the Renault CLIP machine - or you know of one that does ( or similar ) ... then you are best sing a dealer for that ...its not expensive to have done to be honest - and if you get nowhere with the wires / fuses etc - that really would be your next best move on this one... it would be quicker - and cheaper in the log run for you ....

I hope that helps you further Pat - but do let me know if I can help any further..

Best Rgds - MIKE..

Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Mike, UK Car Mechanic