UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I HAVE A ZAFIRA 2003 MODEL AND IT..ON...SENSORS..LIGHT GOES..OIL EVERY…

Customer Question
I HAVE A ZAFIRA 2003...
I HAVE A ZAFIRA 2003 MODEL AND IT HAS THE YELLOW LIGHT ON. I HAVE TAKEN IT TO THREE DIFFERENT GARAGES AND THEY HAVE CHANGED DIFFERENT SENSORS AND NOTHING CHANGES ACCEPT THE LIGHT GOES OUT FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. I FILL UP WITH OIL EVERY THREE WEEKS AND TO START THE CAR IN THE AFTERNOON IT IS AWFUL. IT STARTS OK AND THEN AS I REVE UP THE REVS GO DOWN UNTIL IT NEARLY STALLS AND I HAVE TO KEEP MY FOOT ON THE ACCELARATOR TO CLEAR WHATEVER IT IS. TODAY FOR THE FIRST TIME I LOST THE POWER STEERING FOR ABOUT 30 SECONDS. ONCE IT IS GOING IT IS FINE. SO FAR I HAVE SPENT SO MUCH MONEY ON THE CAR WITH VARIOUS VAUXHALL GARAGES WHO TELL ME THE CODE WHICH THEY COME UP WITH COULD BE ANYTHING. PLEASE HELP!!!
Submitted: 13 years ago.Category: UK Car
5/27/2009
UK Auto Mechanic: Bill_Crosby, UK Car Mechanic replied 13 years ago
Bill_Crosby
Bill_Crosby, UK Car Mechanic

Good afternoon, I hope I can help you.

Can you tell me a few things.

Do you use authorised vauxhall dealership?

What code is stored when fault occurs?

What parts have been changed so far/

Is this the 1.6 petrol engine?

Can you give me the VIN

Bill.

i HAVE HAD A LAMBADA SENSOR AND ANOTHER SENSOR ON THE CRANKSHAFT I HAVE HAD A THROTTLE SENSOR CLEANED - YES I USE VAUXHALL GARAGES AND I HAVE HAD A FULL SERVICE - IT IS A PETROL 1.8 AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE I WOULD FIND A VIN

if the vin is the sort of bar code which is in the front window it reads

WOLOTGF753H019091.

HOPEFULLY THIS IS CORRECT.

Hi Jane, sorry about delay in getting back to you. (broadband problem)

I would suggest that you first have the throttlebody and the idle speed control valve cleaned. Also ask vauxhall to modify the egr valve and update the software in the ecu.

They should also check that the mass air flow sensor is fited the right way round as some were incorrectly fitted at factory. Tell them to check field remedy 1622.

Bill

Bill_Crosby
Bill_Crosby, UK Car Mechanic
I AM QUITE SURE THAT THE CLEANING OF THE THROTTLE BIT - WAS DONE THE FIRST TIME. BUT I WILL ASK THEM TO CHECK THE OTHER BITS THAT YOU HAVE SUGGESTED. SO THANK YOU. XXXXX GET WORSE EVERY DAY BUT I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY IT IS ONLY IN THE AFTERNOON THAT IT DOES NOT WORK.

If you can get me the fault codes that are stored, that would be a great help too.

Bill.