UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1999 nissan: reg..remote, ie turn ignition key..release unlock button…

Customer Question
i have an s reg...
i have an s reg 1999 nissan primera1.6 si which has developed a problem opening and locking by remote. i obtained an additional remote from ebay and have gone through the procedure for programming a remote, ie turn ignition key from off to on six times in 10 secs, lights will flash twice, hold open button and press lock button three times, release unlock button then release lock button, lights will flash once, insert igniotion key and turn to on, lights will flash twice to show that programming is complete. i have tried this several times and in different variations all to no avail, single flash does not happen and remote does not operate. what now to put his right?? have also changed batteries in remote.
Submitted: 14 years ago.Category: UK Car
10/17/2008
UK Auto Mechanic: Matthew Lawe, UK Car Mechanic replied 14 years ago
Matthew Lawe
Matthew Lawe, UK Car Mechanic

Hi I havejust read up on my notes re the Nissan and there a Note saying a maximum of 4 remotes can be programed to the system if this is the case the indicator will flash 3 times

I have read through you instructions re programing the fob and I can confirm they are as per the book for your model.

Is it a new remote or a second hand one? Also as a patrol sometimes we used to wipe the old fobs by removing the batteries and pressing the buttons a few times to clear any residual charge then start again.

Hope this helps let me know

i have been trying with my original fob, new batteries and a used fob ex ebay

Hi I've just found an updated version of the reset & noted the bit re the dors must be closed (not locked) for it to work

QUOTE """

NISSAN Primera Key Remote Control Programming

The Central Door locking is controlled by the Multi-Remote Control system which controls the door locking, door super locking and hazard reminder. When the doors are locked and unlocked the unit flashes the hazard lights once for lock and twice for unlock.

A maximum of four remote controls are allowed to be programmed.

Ensure all the doors have been unlocked, either by using a good transponder key or remote control plip key.

1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.

2. Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.

3. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning lights twice.

4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.

5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.

6. Release the unlock button.

7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.

8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key's.

9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.

10. Remove key, and check all plip key's for operation.

NOTE : The programming mode will stop when either the ignition is switch ON, 4 plip keys have been programmed or no input signal either from the switch or plip keys has been received for 120 seconds.""""

thanks matt, but that's what i've already got. point seven is just not happening, that's the problem.

Hi the other trick as patrols when the fobs where refusing to talk with the car and vice versa. Was to disconect the battery for 30 mins the reconnect and try the reset

If still no joy I sorry but it will be a trip to the nissan dealer or a good garage with the necessary equipment to test the security system