How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: UK Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 3655
Experience:  2 Years Insolvency Litigation
Type Your UK Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have recently had to close my business I am a sole trader

Customer Question

I have recently had to close my business I am a sole trader ... I have debts up to 22K ..some are owning to the VAT and Inland revenue can allocate these on one debt for bankruptcy ? Not really a route I want to go but see no option
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Once you are made bankrupt all your debts (including debts to HMRC) will be included in your estate in bankruptcy. Your VAT bills will not burdened on you once you have been discharged from bankruptcy. Can I assist you any further? Kind regards AJ

Related UK Bankruptcy Law Questions