Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Solicitor
27487359

Our company places IT individuals on a contract basis with

Customer Question

Our company places IT individuals on a contract basis with end user companies. We had placed an individual who ran his own personal services company at a client but we had paid twice on one invoice. When we discovered this we asked for it to be returned. We then found out that the individual whom ran the personal service company had been made bankrupt and he had resigned his directorship of the company we had the contract with. The personal services company has no directors. I raised a claim against the company and I wrote to companies house to object to the striking off of the company for the claim to proceed. We have evidence that the individual was operating as the company representative after he had resigned.
What options are available to me via the courts to take action ?
Category: UK Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

Was your contract with him and hence the overpayment as an individual or as a company. How much was the overpayment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thomas,
The overpayment was for approx £15k and it was to his company

what is your evidence regarding him acting