How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Category: UK Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 33038
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our company places IT individuals on a contract basis with

Customer Question

Our company places IT individuals on a contract basis with end user companies. We had placed an individual who ran his own personal services company at a client but we had paid twice on one invoice. When we discovered this we asked for it to be returned. We then found out that the individual whom ran the personal service company had been made bankrupt and he had resigned his directorship of the company we had the contract with. The personal services company has no directors. I raised a claim against the company and I wrote to companies house to object to the striking off of the company for the claim to proceed. We have evidence that the individual was operating as the company representative after he had resigned.
What options are available to me via the courts to take action ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

Was your contract with him and hence the overpayment as an individual or as a company. How much was the overpayment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thomas,
The overpayment was for approx £15k and it was to his company
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

what is your evidence regarding him acting