Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
11292137

How do I word a request to adjourn a bankruptcy hearing?

Customer Question

Category: UK Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

There is no specific form to apply for postponement of the bankruptcy hearing that I am aware of (there is no insolvency service form) and therefore would normally apply on form N244. It will need a covering statement confirming that there is no objection by the applicant and I would also attach a copy of the applicants email stating that they would agree to an adjournment.

You need to send everything that you sent to the court to the applicant.

There is no fee for an application by consent for an adjournment provided you make the application at least 14 days before the date of the hearing. Otherwise, the fee is £50

the wording of the order you are applying for is “An Order by consent that the hearing scheduled for DATE be vacated and rescheduled for DATE”

it comes down to how long the applicant will agree to the adjournment for.

Normally, it would be rescheduled for, say, 3 months and provided you have been making the instalments meanwhile, there could be further adjournments. You need to find out from the applicant what period they will agree to an adjournment for.

does that answer the question?

Can I answer any specific points arising from this?

Please note not forget to rate my answer service positively so that I get credit from my time today.

The thread does not close, it stays open if you want to follow up any points.