How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: UK Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 3670
Experience:  2 Years Insolvency Litigation
Type Your UK Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a joint morgage with my father witch his name was only

Customer Question

i have a joint morgage with my father witch his name was only on the property to get morgage approved i can not afford the property any more if i give up the keys to bank will they take my fathers house if we go bankrupt ?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you.

If you return the property the bank will pursue your father for the arrears if there are any. If there are no arrears then they will not pursue.

Is there likely to be a shortfall? I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards