How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: UK Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your UK Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Probably very little I can do here but I paid a clamping firm

This answer was rated:

Probably very little I can do here but I paid a clamping firm a while back on my credit card. I appealed and won the case and issued a warrasnt of execution. Unfortunately, the clamping company has now gone bankrupt. Given that the credit card companies are jointly liable, is there any way I can get them to cover the cost?

I don't think this quite falls under the Customer consumer act.


Thank you for your question and welcome to just answer.

Is the company in liquidation? Have you asked your credit card company to reimburse you?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes the clamping firm has gone into liquidation as confirmed on companies house. I have spoken and written to the credit card company with little success.



Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The clamping company has gone into liquidation and I have not had any luck speaking to the credit card company.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
My question has not been answered in light of the information provided.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

Yes the card company is joint and severally liable under the consumer credit act.

If they refuse to remove the charge then you should issue proceedings.

You can do this online at www, - you will have to pay a fee but this will be added to the claim.

If the claim is below £5000 it will be a small claim and you won't need a solicitor.

You will be surprised how quick matters are resolved once proceedings are issued.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback  so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
UK-Justice, Barrister
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience: Called to the Bar in 2007
UK-Justice and other UK Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. This is the best answer (very clear and informative) I have received in a long time.

Related UK Bankruptcy Law Questions