UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

Can you explain the difference between a "Charging Order" and

Can you explain the difference between a "Charging Order" and a "Charging Order Restriction" please. Also, is it correct that a charging order can not be granted on a jointly owned property if the debt is owed by just one of the owners?
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

Is the Charging Order granted by a Court?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I just need to understand the difference, but yes, it would be granted by a court.

A charging order is granted by a Court normally as a result of a CCJ.

This can be granted on JOINT property because the charge is in the interest on the debtor.

The Restriction is what is entered at the Land Registry.

It is a Restriction as a RESULT of the charging order from the Court.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi .... not sure yet ..... still waiting for the first "attack" after the new legislation to see if I am still able to assist in its defence.

ok :)