UK Bankruptcy Law

UK bankruptcy law questions answered by verified Experts

my business is going bankrupt and now i need to go personally…

Customer Question
my business is going bankrupt...
my business is going bankrupt and now i need to go personally bankrupt but have heard because i am in the process of claiming benefits i would not have to pay the petition fee, but as i have no money or assets and live in a rented flat i can not afford the £550 needed to start so shall i leave it until the credit companies start proceedings against me?

Regards
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Bankruptcy Law
2/21/2012
Solicitor: F E SMITH, Solicitor replied 6 years ago
F E SMITH
F E SMITH, Solicitor

Good day,

I always strive to reply in the shortest possible time,I may be delayed answering other questions, attending a meeting or in court.

Yes you should as this will avoid you paying any fees. You can inform the various creditors that you have no money or assets and they may decide not to bother.

If I have answered your question, please click on 'Accept' so that I can receive credit, thereafter I will happily deal with your follow up questions.

F E SMITH
F E SMITH, Solicitor