UK Bankruptcy Law

UK bankruptcy law questions answered by verified Experts

I owe visa card debth to a few different visa card companies…

Customer Question
I owe visa card debth...
I owe visa card debth to a few different visa card companies in the uk (where I lived there for 15 years) but I have lived in Ireland (irish citizen) for past seven years. I have been paying a little off each card, what I can afford over past few years. I have not used these cards for few years but unfortuately my payments are not reducing that much due to the interest, I have made the odd deal with e couple of companies to disregard the interest and to just pay off over a number of years. I have tried very hard to keep up with payments but our circumstances in Ireland have changed, we have three young children, my husband is on a very low salary and I lost my job nearly two years ago due to the economy here in ireland. My husband also has a very bad case of chrons disease and was off work few months ago for a year with his condition and we where only getting sick cover at that time. It is also very possible his condition could worsen again and may not be able to work. We are house owners. I have tried but cant see any way of clearing these debths. I found out one of the visa card compaies do not have proof of any signed agreement between both of us. If I decide to write to these companies to explain I genuinely just cant pay them any more, can baliffs come to my house, can I go to court or in general can they persue this. I dont know where I can get further information aof bout my situation (i.e. living in a different country) what is the jurisdiction? I would be very grateful if you could help with this matter? Rachel
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Bankruptcy Law
2/6/2012
Solicitor: UK-Justice, Barrister replied 6 years ago
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.