UK Bankruptcy Law

UK bankruptcy law questions answered by verified Experts

My husband was declared bankrupt in dec2004 and myself in…

Customer Question
my husband was declared bankrupt...
my husband was declared bankrupt in dec2004 and myself in feb 2005, we were both discharged the following year, two years ago my husband joined his works sharesave scheme and it is due to mature next year, can you tell me will the official reciever automatically take this money from us
thank you
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: UK Bankruptcy Law
8/9/2010
Solicitor: F E SMITH, Solicitor replied 7 years ago
F E SMITH
F E SMITH, Solicitor

Please tell me in what year was your husband discharged?

actually i just found a letter from official reciever dated feb 2009 in our files saying they no longer have an interest in my husbands sharesave

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your interest I'm glad that you have located this letter as normally the OR will not bother with assets accrued 3 years after bankruptcy.

This answer is based on the limited information provided. I hope that this answers your question; if so, I would ask you please to click 'Accept' so that I can be paid.

Best wishes

F E

F E SMITH
F E SMITH, Solicitor