UK Bankruptcy Law

UK bankruptcy law questions answered by verified Experts

I am going bankrupt. I have several personal loans. However,

Customer Question
when I applied for some...
I am going bankrupt. I have several personal loans. However, when I applied for some loans, I did not disclose all details of my other loans/credit cards as requested by the lender. I succefully got the loans without being asked to verify any of the details.

If I am going bankrupt, will the official receiver/lenders sue me for dishonesty? What are the legal consequences?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Bankruptcy Law
6/30/2010
Solicitor: Joshua, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
Did you falsify or make fraudulent claims or just fail to provide all information requested? If you can try to be precise on this point it will assist.
For some lenders, I just failed to provide all information requested.

But maybe for some other lenders, when I was asked how many loans I have already got, I gave a number fewer than my existing loans.

Could you please explain whether there is any difference between the two senarios?

What happened was that I applied for all loans on the same day, although they all gave an instant decision in principle, I had not received money until the next day or couple of days. Some further assessed my situation and finally approved the loans later. So is it a defence for me to say that on my application, I have not already got the other loans, and thus did not lie?

Thank you very much for your help

You seem to have raised this question twice and are dealing with two lawyers. I am going to close this thread and leave you with my colleague.
Sorry about this, but I think this topic conserns two legal areas - bankruptcy and criminal law. I would be grateful if I could get advice from lawyers in thess two areas.
You may be correct but I do not want to confuse the issue. Do you want me to deal with the criminal implications - i.e. my colleague is helping you with the bankruptcy side?
  1. Or the other way round? I thought you have more insolvancy experience, and your colleague has more criminal law experiene. Please correct me if I am wrong. Many thanks.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Yes, please procceed as you suggested. Thanks a lot.