UK Bankruptcy Law

UK Bankruptcy Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Bankruptcy Law

How does a former LLP partner get the remuneration due to his…

Customer Question
How does a former LLP...
How does a former LLP partner get the remuneration due to his deceased former LLP partner in respect of his work undertaken on a banckruptcy that completed 5 years' ago, after his release and discharge?
[email protected]
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: UK Bankruptcy Law
4/24/2010
Solicitor: F E SMITH, Solicitor replied 7 years ago
F E SMITH
F E SMITH, Solicitor
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Two insolvency practitioner ran an insolvency practitioner practice as an LLP. During this time one partner (P1) was trustee in one particular bancruptcy estate, which he completed and a final creditors' meeting was called and final dividends were paid. P1 acquired the consent of the creditors to be paid his fees on a time basis. Before he paid himself from the estate, P1 died. The LLP partnership was later disolved. His former partner, P2, (also an Insolvency Practitioner) is now looking to recover the fees generated by P1. However, the consent of the creditors to payment (on a time basis) of P1's fees has been lost.

An application for payment of fees in the absence of creditors' consent can be made by a trustee by rule 6.141(1) of the Insolvency rules 1986 (ie where he is seeking to be paid under rule 6.138(6) and 6.138A.) However, P1 is no longer in office (since he vacated and was released after completing the bankruptcy) and the partnership no longer exists.

Does P2 have any way of obtaining the fees generated by P2 during the course of thie LLP partnership?

Kind regards.

Good Morning,

I'm sorry this question is a quite bit more involved than I can deal with so I will opt out and let another expert answer.

F E
Thanks for the prompt reply. I understand. Do I just wait to hear further?

Good Afternoon,

Yes, hopefully another expert will pick it up.

F E
Thanks. For some reason the web site is alerting me to the fact I have had my question answered, when it's merely taking me this reply...
Relist: Expert "opted out" of giving an answer, saying it was too complicated/involved for him. I therefore take it I have not had a formal "answer", despite receiving emails telling me I have?

Thanks.
[email protected]
.
Expert "opted out" of giving an answer, saying it was too complicated/involved for him. I therefore take it I have not had a formal "answer", despite receiving emails telling me I have?

Thanks.
[email protected]
Relist: The expert "opted ou(", so I take ot I've not had a formal answer yet, despite receiving emails saying that I have?.
The expert "opted ou(", so I take ot I've not had a formal answer yet, despite receiving emails saying that I have?
Good Morning,

I am sorry that you are still waiting, I have reported this to the administration team for you. Best wishes. F E
Many thanks again for your help!
you're welcome F E

This site is now saying that the question's status is "finished" and that my question has been answered. Do I need to do anything specific to correct this (as plainly I am still seeking a substantive reply)?

Solicitor: DR Lawyer, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
DR Lawyer
DR Lawyer, Lawyer
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

I am so sorry for the delay in replying but unfortunately this answer is incorrect.

After further research it transpires that anyone other than a trustee of the estate of the deceased Mr xX would not have locus standi under the insolvency legislation to make the application. The correct procedure is for IP2 (the remaining insolvency practitioner) to seek appointment as trustee of the estate of the former bankrupt from the Official Receiver, (after procuring the approval or at least the non-objection from the majority of the creditors), on the basis that an asset in the former bankrupt's estate (ie the money held by the insolvency partners' firm) remains to be dealt with as a result of IP1's (the deceased practitioner's) default. After being re-appointed, IP2 can make the application and distribute the money to his firm and/or as per the court's direction.

DR Lawyer
DR Lawyer
DR Lawyer, Lawyer