UK Bankruptcy Law

UK bankruptcy law questions answered by verified Experts

Good evening, I am thinking of filing for bankruptcy a limited…

Customer Question
Good evening, I am thinking...
Good evening, I am thinking of filing for bankruptcy a limited company i set up in 2003.
I am a french national based in France and this company's business is almost close to none.
However i have my ex accountant sueing me for an "old" bill of ?1500, that i can't pay and was at the time unjustified.
Company name isXXXXX , number 04974289
It seems that i can file for bankruptcy without the help of a solicitor.
I have no assets whatsoever in the UK and for now i'm looking for a job...
Thank you for your help
Xavier MAiA
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Bankruptcy Law
Answered in 3 days by:
4/12/2010
Solicitor: DR Lawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
DR Lawyer
DR Lawyer, Lawyer

Good evening Xavier,

As this is a company you would need to put it into members voluntary liquidation. This would cost, however, a few £1000. Given that your only debt is £1500 I cannot see the point in incuring the cost of putting the company into liquidation. You could just apply to companies house to strike off the company by using form DC01 (see http://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/prosecution/domestic/domv.html) a copy of which you would have to also send to your accountant and any other creditors.

DR LAWYER

Thank you for your answer,
the link you refer to is irrelevant as domectic/prosecution does not apply to our situation.
My ex accountant started through Thomas Higgins Ltd a procedure of recovering his fees plus interest and filed it to a local court...
Shall i still be able to strike off the company from the register?
Thank you
Xavier M.

Hi Xavier

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you and you are quiet right the link I gave you was incorrect. It was a link that I had cut and paste from the answer before yours. I had intended to give you this link http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/forms/generalForms/DS01_striking_off_application_by_a_company.pdf. This is the form that you need to complete.

You can still follow this procedure even though you have been sued through the county court. You just need to let your accountant know that you are doing it.

Regards

DR Lawyer

DR Lawyer
DR Lawyer, Lawyer