UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an ER01 error on my smeg dishwasher so i'm just

Customer Question
I have an ER01...

I have an ER01 error on my smeg dishwasher so i'm just reading this solution

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Smeg, don't know the model off hand

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its not too hard yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have water in the salt bucket too, under the screw lid

Submitted: 10 days ago.Category: UK Appliance
7/11/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 days ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

ER01 is a water leak in the base.

What you need to do is either pull the dishwasher out and tip it 45 degs backwards. This will allow the water to drain out so you may need a towel for this part.

Or remove the bottom cover on the front below the door and from there you will see the base. Soak the water up from there and once the water is clear the float switch will reset itself and the dishwasher should start to work again.

But if it does it again then theres a water leak in there which you will need to find and fix to cure the fault.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.