UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do i take the top off a siemans washing machine

Customer Question
How do i take...

How do i take the top off a siemans washing machine wm144e344/34

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

How do i take the top off a seimans washingmachine Wm14e344/34

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Sorry didn see your response. It is about 7 years old. I had tried to fix a problem with the fabric softener not working

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I accidently pushed sonething i probably shouldn’t have

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
6/2/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 2 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category here on JustAnswer!
I'm so sorry that a JustAnswer Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question?
Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
i still need help. Sending you anpicture might help. Basically i need to figure out how to tale the top off the machine
Sorry TAKE the top off
UK Appliance Technician: Gavin, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Gavin and I'll help you with your washer. It's not clear on the parts diagram how to remove the lid on your model but it will be one of the following ways

Remove 2 screws at rear of washer holding lid in place. Slightly raise lid at front and push lid backwards and lift off.

Remove covers on the left and right hand side of lid to reveal screws. Remove screws then slightly raise lid at front and push lid backwards and lift off.

Or sometimes you have to do both.

If the fabric softner is not being released from the drawer you can normally repair this by removing the soap drawer taking it apart and thoroughly cleaning it then using a steamer clean all the water jets at the top of the water dispenser that houses the soap drawer.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you.

I really appreciate your rating so please don't forget to click the stars to rate my help

Thank You

Gavin