UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bosch Exxcel WTL6304GB tumble drier, problem is :-

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Bosch Exxcel WTL6304GB tumble drier, problem is :- control panel has no power , no lights , although the internal drum light is working

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

16 years old , Bosch Exxcel Condenser WTL6304GB

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Last drying cycle failed although it was hot but clothes remained damp.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
4/3/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If the power supply is fine and give you say the internal light in the drum is working then im afraid it can only be the control board at fault here.

As the power comes into the dryer and goes stright to the board. So if nothing is turning on or doing anything other then the drum light then im afraid the control board is the fault here.

Now the control board is £220 just for the part. So given the dryer is 16 years old its not even worth messing with im afraid. But thats up to yourself.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.