UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I my down and fridge has just stopped working. No lights in…

Customer Question
I my down and fridge...
I my down and fridge has just stopped working. No lights in the fridge or on the front panel I've changed the plug fuse and nothing has changed/happened. Any ideas on what the problem could be?
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 24 days ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Do you have the make and model number please.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
My seimans fridge freezer has stopped working

Do you have the model number please.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Can't seem to find it anywhere
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
ZBX1115CY

The model number will be inside the fridge section usually behind the salad box.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
KG39NH90/02

Thanks for that.

If you have confirmed the fuse and the power supply to the fridge freezer is fine then it can only be the control boad.

I know you say you checked the fuse but have you tried it in a different socket that you know works?

If so then it will be the control board at fault. As the power enters the appliance and goes stright to the control board at the top. So if nothing is lighting up or running then it can only be the control board im afraid.

So just double check the socket and the power supply but if thats fine then it will be the control board itself at fault here and for this it will need to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
How much would it cost to replace?

The control board itself is about £83. The part number for it is 00649116 if you want it.

But if you need an engineer to fit this then you can add another £50 on top for labour.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thanks that's helpful.
Do you know of any engineers in Basingstoke?

I dont know any personally im afraid as im located up in Cumbria.

But try these as they have recomended companys on there books so they should be able to help you from there.

Click here for the link

Just put in your details and they will find a local repair company for you.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ok thanks very much

Your welcome.

If you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician