UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a HotPoint FFA70. For last few days I am seeing the…

Customer Question
I have a HotPoint...

I have a HotPoint FFA70

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

For last few days I am seeing the Defrost alert glowing

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am not quite sure about problem

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Ah yes, I saw a small compartment, which is filled with water which is overflowing

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 24 days ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Is the fridge and freezer still cooling as it should or has it started to defrost?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
The freezer is cooling, however; the freezer is not cooling how it was before. Also, I could see water droplets inside.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I am not sure, if this is normal or I need a technician to review

Ok what this will be is the evaporator is all ice up in there.

What you need to do is empty the freezer and from there remove the back panel inside the freezer.

Behind there is the evaporator. If this is all iced up then use a hairdryer on there and melt all the ice till its clear.

Then refit the panels and retry it and im sure this will sort it.

Or if you dont want to go removing panels then you need to empty the freezer and turn it off for 24 hours and keep the freezer door open.

This will allow the ice in there to melt and clear the air ways from there.

Once defrosted turn it back on and that should sort it from there.

But well worth a defrost before calling a tech out as im sure the defrost will sort this out as its usually a blocked drain hole that causes the ice to build up.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
back panel with those 4 screws? do i need to remove it?

Yes, Its either held on with 4 or 6 screws, Once they have been removed then you can remove the panel from there.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
cool. let me give it a try. Thanks

No worries thats fine.

UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 22 days ago

Hi

I see the question is still open here, Do you still need help on this?

If not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician