UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

If an electric oven is connected to the mains incorrectly…

Customer Question
If an electric oven...

If an electric oven is connected to the mains incorrectly will it make noise

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its a brand new BOSCH - Serie 6 HBM13B251B Electric Double Oven - Brushed Steel

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I had someone fit it. It turns on but once you try turn on the fan a loud grinding noise starts

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No thats everything thank you

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
4/1/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Gavin, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, thanks for using JA. I'm Gavin one of the experts. I'm just reviewing your question and wil be with you shortly.

Please ignore any pop up phone requests they are auto generated

Thanks

Gavin

If the cooker is wired incorrectly it won't cause the kind of noise you are describing. It sounds more like the fan is catching on the back panel if the noise is instant from when you turn the fan on. You have 2 options really, you can so back to the supplier and request a replacement or you can contact Bosch who will come out and do any work needed to put it right under warranty

Ok thank you for your help

Your welcome. If you need anymore help or advice please click reply and I'll be happy to help.

Please remember to click on the stars and rate my help today

Many Thanks

Gavin