Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Bosch sgs46e22 dishwasher. I have the side panel of

Customer Question

Hi I have a Bosch sgs46e22 dishwasher. I have the side panel of and I can see that when the water rises the red float in the pressure chamber it bobs up and down every few seconds, one minute filling and the next pumping out. Do you think it is more likely to be the micro switch above the float or the flow meter jug
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 10 years and as above ,a sgs46e22
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i dont think so
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.

If its doing what you say then its usually down to a hose that goes from the filling tank to the sump being blocked.

So what happens is the water doesnt go into the dishwasher tank fast enough so the water backs up and this is what causes it to do what its doing.

What you need to do is access the front of the dishwasher and there you will see the hose on the left going from the side tank to the sump.

Makes sure the water has drained out and then just pull the hose off as its just a push fit hose.

Give this a good clean out from there as they do gunge up over time.

Once thats all clear refit the hose and retry it again and see how it goes from there.

Try that and let me know how it goes.