UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to unlock a neff b1593n0gb/07 oven. I’ve

Customer Question
searxhed online and no user...
I am trying to unlock a neff b1593n0gb/07 oven. I’ve searxhed online and no user manuals available. Any ideas??
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
3/31/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Gavin, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, thanks for waiting. I'm Gavin one of the JA experts. Can you just confirm exactly what you mean by 'unlock'

Please ignore any pop up phone call requests they are auto generated from the site

Thanks

Gavin

There is a key symbol and it is lit. I can not operate the oven or grill or any other buttons. It is as if I am not pressing them. I have 2 of these ovens and one is unlocked

Thanks. Are you able to send me a picture of the controls please the information on your model is very limited

Thanks. Just opening now

Try holding in the light button for 10 seconds and see if it unlocks

Sadly not. Attached some more pics showing the whole set up.
104B02FE-1113-46A4-BC6C...jpeg104B02...jpegD3B0A338-C012-4F4F-8397...jpegD3B0A3...jpeg616A2079-4042-4AE0-9867...jpeg616A20...jpeg8F5A67E9-9365-424E-899A...jpeg8F5A67...jpeg

Thanks. I'm going to see what I can find. Its just going to be a case of finding the right sequence of buttons to press to unlock it

I agree. I’ve tried a million sequences but haven’t found the right one yet!

I know, something so simple but so hard! I may not be able to get the info I need until Tuesday but will get back to you asap

Hi Gavin, any joy ?
It seems as though it’s easier to find a needle in a haystack! Waiting on 1 more reply which I’ll chase in the morning for you

No joy i'm afraid. I'll opt out in case one of the other experts can help

UK Appliance Technician: Solvanus,
 replied 3 months ago
Solvanus

From NEFF
Deactivate the Childproof Lock

If your Neff hob has a key symbol, press and hold this for approximately 4 seconds. The lock should now be deactivated.

If your hob doesn’t have a key button, press the P symbol for approximately 3 seconds to deactivate the childproof lock.

If your hob doesn’t have a key or a p button, press the L symbol for approximately 3 seconds to deactivate the childproof lock.

If this fails, there may be an issue with the sensor in the button itself