UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I adjust the time on a Siemens oven, I've tried and…

Customer Question
How do I adjust...

How do I adjust the time on a Siemens oven, I've tried and the new time won't stay on the screen goes black

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Siemens is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 7 years old don't know the model as I don't have the manual

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes . I've done it before but can't remember what I did !!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's a double oven with 4 nobs and a central row of buttons - clock, plus, minus and lock

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
3/27/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the display won't stay illuminated, it sounds like you put the oven into energy saver mode. This is done by pressing and holding the CLOCK button for 5 seconds. When you set the time, you just need to press the clock button once. If you hold the button, it'll go into energy saver mode so the display won't stay on. Just press and hold the clock button for 5 seconds again and the display should stay illuminated.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.