UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My hotpoint Aquarius dishwasher is not working properly. It…

Customer Question
My hotpoint Aquarius dishwasher...

My hotpoint Aquarius dishwasher is not working properly. It is filling with water and draining fine but no water getting to the rotor arms. It’s not displaying any fault lights but I can hear what sounds like a relay switch clicking on and off

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Is roughly 3 years old. The model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can pinpoint the problem I could probably fix it myself

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is running the full cycle just without doing the actual washing

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
3/27/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Once its filled with water and it should be washing if you listen very carefully at the bottom do you hear a slight humming noise from there?

there is a slight humming noise

Ok if there is a humming noise then its going to be the wash motor at fault here. As the humming noise will be the motor trying to run. As the motors on these are magnetic motors so do fail like this on these.

To replace the motor you need to pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its left hand side.

Then from there you can remove the base cover.

There you will see the motor towards the back. The heater is attached to the front so as these are a twist fit motors you just need to twist the motor off and you can remove it from there.

Swap the motor over and retry it and im sure this will cure the fault from there for you.

But the motors are not cheap on these as you are looking at about £120 just for the motor.

Now Hotpoint do a fixed price repair for £130 all in. So for an extra tenner Hotpoint will call out and do the repair for you so thats something for you to think about.

But if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Hi

I see the question is still open here, Do you still need help on this?

If not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks