UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bosch Dishwasher with the ‘check water’ light on. I…

Customer Question
Hi I have a Bosch...
Hi I have a Bosch Dishwasher with the ‘check water’ light on. I have read through the forum previous posts and done the necessary checks. Water is running to the machine, the hose is clear and not blocked, the pump runs and expels the water, the filters are all clean and free. One thing phage noticed is that the pump continues to run even when the door is open. Can anyone assist please?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
3/26/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Thanks

If the dishwasher is draining all the time then this is down to a water leak in the base which has activated the flood switch in there.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base. So you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Then retry it and fingers crossed this is just a one off that caused it.

But if it does it again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix. For this you need to remove both side panels and then you can see the workings under there and check for any loose hoses.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Just checking you got my last reply as ive not heard back from you.