UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bosch Classixx 1000 takes hours to do one load. It drains…

Customer Question
My Bosch Classixx 1000...

My Bosch Classixx 1000 takes hours to do one load. It drains fine, fills fine and opu and the pump is working. Smells horribly. Limescale?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is in a student flat and was there when I bought the flat, so don't know the age. Number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends what the problem is!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
3/26/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

This is a classic heater element failure on these. As if the heater fails then it cannot reach the temperture its ment to so it ends up washing for a lot longer then it should.

Plus this will also cause the smell as its only be washing in cold water so it will have built up with undisolved soap power and this is what causes the smell.

So you need to access the heater. On this model its on the front of the drum so the front panel of the washer will need to be removed.

Then you can access the heater and if you have a test meter you can check it from there as it should read about 28 Ohms.

If faulty then it will need to be replaced.

Then run an empty cycle on a 90 degree and this should clear the drum and hopefully get rid of the smell from there.

So try that if you can but the fault you describe this is going to be a faulty wash heater here.