Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Whitegoods Engineer
101089104

I have a built in Neff microwave / oven Enr.C57M70 NOGb/03.

Customer Question

I have a built in Neff microwave / oven Enr.C57M70 NOGb/03
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 5yrs old the microwave will start up but cuts out after 35 seconds FD 9102/H07114
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends what is involved, would prefer an engineer
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The conventional oven is fine it is only the microwave
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gavin replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thanks for your patience. I’m Gavin on of the experts here at JA if you still need help please let me know and I’ll do all I can to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What is the probable problem causing the microwave to shut down after 35 seconds and what is the repair?
Could the problem be software or hard ware
It happened when I changed the clock time
Rmk. The conventional oven is fine, it is only the microwave
Expert:  Gavin replied 7 months ago.
There’s a 20mm ceramic fuse on the circuit board behind where the clock is. When this goes it causes that fault. Sometimes they just go due to fatigue but a faulty component in the microwave ( usually the magnetron ) can also cause it. The first thing to do would be try replacing the fuse and testing it. If you need any more help please reply and I’ll be happy to help. Please remember to click on the stars and rate my answer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I turned the unit off at the switch and back on again but now nothing works, the whole unit is dead no lights, nothing including the oven that was working previously
Ideas?
Expert:  Gavin replied 7 months ago.
There’s another fuse that cuts the power just after the mains cable comes in. Also check the fuse in the plug and that the socket it plugs into is ok