UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dual fuel range control panel locked up. It's showing LOC…

Customer Question
My dual fuel range...

My dual fuel range control panel locked up. It's showing LOC code and the door is locked. We tried resetting the breaker to reset the oven, but that didn't work. Any suggestions to unlock this?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Yes, just a minute...

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Electrolux model EW30DS65GS5 purchased december 2009

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
UK Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician replied 25 days ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If the oven door is locked and will not open and the oven is cold try the following things to get the door to open. Note the oven needs to be cold or the thermostat will not open it after a self clean cycle right away.

First try to start a new self clean for about 30 secs and cancel it, often that will trigger the door latch to restart and reopen. If that does not open the door you can cut power to the unit for a full minute and power it back up and see if the door will open. If that does not work on some units you can remove the back and the latch motor is there with a lock rod going to a small hook by the door. Those style units you can remove the rod and move it manually to open the door. If you do not have that style unit you need to get something thin and flexible, like a stiff piece of plastic or metal and slide it in between the door and frame and slide it sideways to hit the latch hook and press it to the left or right and open the door that way manually.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician